You Don’t Have to Do It Alone!
College Essay & Application
Coaching With Professor Kenny
Welcome to The Write College, where the college application journey is a joyride and students learn skills that will help them well beyond the moment they press “submit!”
In a “test score optional” world, students need a clear strategy and well-crafted submissions to stand out from the competition. I work with aspiring college students of all backgrounds, sensibilities, and levels of preparation to:
- develop strong study, communication, and time management skills
- research and solidify their college lists and application strategy
- assemble compelling Personal Statements and Supplemental Essays
- prepare their submissions in the Common App
I discovered the need for support while helping my oldest daughter with her college applications. Nagging your teenager to communicate about college planning and work on college applications does not work. It drives you crazy and strains your relationship when you want to help your child prepare for liftoff. I help students develop a college-ready mindset, demystifying the first-year experience and sharing tools to help them thrive.
When Is the Right Time to Start?
Now! The earlier you begin planning, the less stressful and more intentional your college selection journey will be. I prefer to begin working with high school sophomores and juniors so I can help them develop their college resumes, brainstorm on what classes and activities to focus on including summer jobs and service projects, and collaborate with them on a thoroughly researched, well-rounded college list.
Initially, we may meet once a month or once every few months, and then as the end of junior year approaches, we can start weekly meetings to ensure we are ready to go when the Common App opens on August 1. For those who can’t start junior year, we can also kick off during application crunch time (Sept-Dec) senior year if I have slots available.
Every student is different. Some only need a few sessions. Others need more support. My approach centers on student autonomy, responsibility, and mental health. Schedule an intro call and we can explore the best option for you.
Kind, Fun, Effective
The Professor Kenny Difference
- Insights into higher education and the college applications process.
- A partnership focused on helping your child succeed.
- Convenience, collaboration, and timely, regular communication.
A Proven Process For:
- Creating a rationale for each school on your college list.
- Managing the application process.
- Crafting a strategy for Personal Statements and Supplemental Essays.
- Organizing, writing, rewriting, editing, and finalizing all Personal Statements and Supplemental Essays.
- Developing a checklist of the steps you need to complete with deadline dates so nothing slips through the cracks.
- Accountability and support.
- Empathy and compassion.
- Techniques and coaching for college and beyond.
- Opportunity to learn from and interact with a college professor.
I’m a patient and empathetic writing instructor with extensive experience coaching high school and college students on writing, project management, and personal narratives. The lessons I share will help students in their college careers and beyond. I understand teens’ pressures around this process and treat all students with openness and respect.